Recipe by jackieblue
I have a hard time getting my toddler to eat meat. He gobbles this up! It's also low-cost and you can double the recipe and freeze one for another day.
Top Review by Rhonda in Texas
I made this for a friend of mine-- a single mom of four who is going through Chemo for stage three breast cancer. I did not try it but her kids loved it and asked that I make this again. The only change I made was I substituted spaghetti sauce for tomato soup. Thanks for a great, easy recipe~!
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium high heat for 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain off excess liquid. Stir in oregano, salt, soup, 1/3 c water, and noodles. Remove from heat and add half the cheese. Spoon into 11x7 baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Note: since making this more often I tend to use Penzey's Pizza Seasoning instead of the spices, use extra cheese, and double all but the meat to freeze casseroles that are less "meaty.".