Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
pasta, Italian Sausage, cheese
- 453.59 g packageuncooked rotini pasta
- 453.59 g ground Italian sausage
- 680.38 g jar pasta sauce
- 453.59 g container cottage cheese
- 63.78 g cansliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 113.39 g can mushrooms, drained
- 340.19 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (170.09 g) packagesliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown, drain grease. Mix in the cooked pasta and pasta sauce. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, olives, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the sausage and pasta mixture. Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
My husband found this recipe somewhere and emailed it with the request to make it. I went through 100 recipes for pizza casserole on this site to find and save the recipe. This is delicious! My kids loved this so I'm happy to find it here. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try this again with low carb pasta and see how it goes.