Recipe by Chef Shelly #1242723
This dish is similar to lasagna, who knows why its called pizza casserole... but this was a FAVORITE dish of mine and my siblings growing up and to this day.
Top Review by Miss_Mick
This recipe is awesome. ChefShelly made it for us when I got out of the hospital after having a baby. Tonight as I was making the recipe though I realized my only suggestion is to use a bigger pan. I used a 2 quart casserole pan and it was just to small so I put it in my 9x13 and that works much much better. Goes great with garlic bread to!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 907.18 g prego regular spaghetti sauce
- 113.39 g can mushrooms, buttons (optional)
- 473.18 ml uncooked mostaccioli noodles
- 78.07 ml milk
- 709.77 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 14.79 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, drain off fat. Set aside.
- Cook noodles & drain.
- Combine: spaghetti sauce, milk and undrained mushrooms in bowl with 1 T sugar.
- In buttered 2 quart Casserole layer: 1/4 sauce, 1/2 hamburger, 1/2 noodles, cottage cheese, 1 cup cheese. Next: 1/4 sauce, rest of hamburger, rest of noodles, rest of sauce, top with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake covered in 350 degree oven 45 minutes (uncover the last 10-15 mins) garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes.