Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
365: No Repeats. Rachael Ray
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 2 tablespoons cornmeal, to work with dough
- 1 pizza dough
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, shredded (10 leaves)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced
- 6 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto di Parma, cut crosswise, into 2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Dust the dough with the flour or cornmeal and stretch out to a 12-13" pizza. Place the dough on a pizza tray and pierce it with the tines of a fork. Drizzle with EVOO, season with a little salt, and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with the tomato sauce, basil, a thin layer of the mozzarella, the mushrooms, and artichokes.
- Bake another 10 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles and the crust is crisp. In the last 5 minutes of baking, add the prosciutto, peas, and eggs and another drizzle of EVOO.
My favorite pizza of all time! I love the addition of the artichoke hearts and parma ham. The authentic recipe is made with boiled Danish ham and omitts the artichoke hearts all together.