Recipe by Mikey
IF YOU LIKE PIZZA BUT HATE THE HASTLE YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE. THIS IS VERY EASY TO MAKE AND TASTY. THE MIXTURE CAN BE FROZEN FOR LATER USE. THIS IS ALSO REALLY GOOD IF YOUR VEGETARIAN AS YOU CAN OMIT THE MEAT EASILY.
Top Review by KennKonn
These have been my favorite for years. They are fast and easy and you can double the topping and freeze. I do use a can of spam that I grate up. Goes a long ways. I also use cheddar cheese more than mozz as it is what I usually have on hand. And hamburger buns work great too
- 1 can mushroom
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped green pepper (OPTIONAL)
- 500 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomatoes (OPTIONAL)
- pepperoni (WHATEVER YOU LIKE, ALSO OPTIONAL) or salami (WHATEVER YOU LIKE, ALSO OPTIONAL) or ham (WHATEVER YOU LIKE, ALSO OPTIONAL)
- hot dog buns or bread
Directions See How It's Made
- PUT PIZZA SAUCE IN BOWL.
- DRAIN JUICE FROM MUSHROOMS AND ADD.
- CHOP ONION& GREEN PEPPER INTO SMALL PIECES AND ADD TO MIXTURE ALSO.
- GRATE MOZZARELLA CHEESE, LEAVE SOME FOR TOP OF BUNS.
- MIX INGREDIENTS, UNTIL FAIRLY THICK CONSISTENCY.
- SLICE TOMATOES, AND MEAT IF DESIRED.
- PUT PIZZA BUN MIXTURE FROM BOWL ON BUNS OR BREAD, TOP WITH TOMATOES, MEAT, AND MOZZARELLA CHEESE.
- PLACE BUNS ON COOKIE SHEET AND BAKE FOR 15 MINUTES OR SO UNTIL COOKED, THEN BROIL FOR A FEW MINUTES UNTIL CHEESE IS BROWN.