1/7 Photos of Pizza
4 hrs 10 mins
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Serve the pizza by itself as a snack or with soup or salad for a light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (6 ounces)
- 1Place 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes in fine-mesh strainer set over medium bowl.
- 2Let sit 30 minutes, stirring 3 times to allow juices to drain.
- 3Combine 3/4 cup tomato solids, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/8 teaspoon table salt. (Save remaining solids and juice for another use.).
- 4Place towel or shelf liner beneath stand mixer to prevent wobbling.
- 5Mix flour, water, and table salt in bowl of stand mixer fitted with dough hook on low speed until no patches of dry flour remain, 3 to 4 minutes, occasionally scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- 6Turn off mixer and let dough rest 20 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle yeast and sugar over dough.
- 8Knead on low speed until fully combined, 1 to 2 minutes, occasionally scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- 9Increase mixer speed to high and knead until dough is glossy, smooth, and pulls away from sides of bowl, 6 to 10 minutes. (Dough will only pull away from sides while mixer is on. When mixer is off, dough will fall back to sides.).
- 10Using fingers, coat large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, rubbing excess oil from fingers onto blade of rubber spatula.
- 11Using oiled spatula, transfer dough to bowl and pour 1 tablespoon oil over top.
- 12Flip dough over once so it is well coated with oil; cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- 13Let dough rise at room temperature until nearly tripled in volume and large bubbles have formed, 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- 14One hour before baking pizza, adjust oven rack to middle position, place pizza stone on rack, and heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 15Coat rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil.
- 16Using rubber spatula, turn dough out onto baking sheet along with any oil in bowl.
- 17Using fingertips, press dough out toward edges of pan, taking care not to tear it. (Dough will not fit snugly into corners. If dough resists stretching, let it relax for 5 to 10 minutes before trying to stretch again.).
- 18Let dough rest in pan until slightly bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 19Using a dinner fork, poke surface of dough 30 to 40 times; sprinkle with kosher salt.
- 20Bake until spotty brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking.
- 21Using metal spatula, remove pizza from oven, spread tomato mixture evenly over surface, and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- 22Return pizza to oven and continue to bake until cheese begins to brown in spots, 5 to 10 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.8
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 887.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.2 g