Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this cute recipe on a Pillsbury email that I received and had to share it on Zaar!! You need a baby foot shaped cookie cutter for this recipe!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- pink and blue decorator icing
- Heat oven to 350°F; grease and flour 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed by package, using water, oil, and eggs listed above.
- Pour into greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool.
- Brush top of cake with amaretto; to avoid cake crumbs, freeze cake 1 hour before cutting.
- Cut cake into pieces using foot-shaped cookie cutter; return to freezer.
- In small bowl, combine remaining icing ingredients.
- Blend at low speed until powdered sugar is moistened.
- Beat at high speed until smooth.
- If necessary, add 2 to 3 teaspoons water until icing is of desired drizzling consistency.
- Set cake pieces on wire rack over 15x10x1-inch baking pan or waxed paper.
- Spoon icing evenly over top and sides of cake pieces (Icing which drips off can be reused).
- Using pink and/or blue decorator icing, outline foot-shaped petits fours.