Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something a little different for breakfast or a light lunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pita breads
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Combine the eggs, tomato, scallions, feta, oregano, salt, and pepper and pour into the skillet.
- Cook as you would scrambled eggs, until set.
- Cut pockets in the pita breads with a serrated knife.
- Fill the breads with the egg mixture. If the pitas are large, you might want to cut them in half before filling.
This was very good. I like the pita as you can stuff the sandwich full and it doesn't make a mess. The feta was a great change of pace from the usual cheddar cheese I usually use. Thanks for a wonderful breakfast sandwich.