Recipe by Dee514
This is a easy, yummy pudding based ice cream (with or without the chopped nuts). The recipe is from the book that came with my ice cream machine. Please Note: This recipe is NOT eggless, as the pudding mix contains eggs. The Eggless category would not "unclick" when I tried to edit it out. Sorry for the error :(
Top Review by Ang11002
Wow this was very easy! The first recipe for my new ice cream maker and have to say I was impressed. A tad too sweet for me but it was sooo simple! I didnt use the pistachio nuts because Im not a big fan but the little bits in the pudding mix were good enough for me. Thanks Dee!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachio nut (the skinless, unsalted kind) (optional)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pudding mix in a small bowl, whisk in 2 cups of cold milk.
- Pre chill your ice cream machine for about 5 min (if pre chilling is required by manufacture).
- Pour pudding mixture into machine and follow manufacturers directions.
- If using the nuts, add them to the mixture when it is about half done, and finish processing; OR, follow the manufacturers directions for adding chopped candy bars to ice cream, and add the chopped nuts following those directions.
- Store any leftover ice cream in the freezer in a tightly covered container.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap into the surface of the ice cream before covering the container, to prevent ice crystals from forming.