1 hr 20 mins
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 206 calories, 10.8 g fat, 18.5 g protein, 8.5 g carb, 0.9 g fiber, 52 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices day-old white bread
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 1/4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) french-cut racks of lamb, trimmed (8 ribs each)
- mint sprig
- 1Put bread in the container of a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure about 1 1/4 cups.
- 2In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, nuts, rind, parsley, juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3In another bowl, combine chives, mint, mustard, and garlic.
- 4Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 5Add lamb racks; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 6Spread mustard mixture evenly over the meaty portion of lamb racks.
- 7Carefully pat breadcrumb mixture into mustard mixture.
- 8Place lamb on a broiler rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 9Bake in a 425° oven for 35 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 140° (medium-rare) to 155° (medium).
- 10Place lamb on platter; cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 11Cut each rack into 4 pieces (2 ribs per piece).
- 12Garnish with mint sprigs.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio-Encrusted Rack of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.9
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 404.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.6 g