Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this recipe yet, but plan to soon, as I have a huge bag of pistachios to use up.
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup raspberry jam or 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup strawberry jam
- 2⁄3 cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F Combine butter, sugar and egg; beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread one-half of dough into 9 inch square pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Spread jam to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Add pistachios to remaining dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls over jam to cover.
- Bake 35 minutes until top is golden brown; cool.
- Cut into squares.
I've been making this recipe for years! Always double it (9x13" pan) for they go so quickly. Nice presentation, great for holidays or just because. My favorite combination is blackberry jam or raspberry with approx 3/4 cup raspberries on top of jam before putting the second layer on.
A definite must try recipe!
these are yummy! i made them with hazelnuts instead of pistachios and used seedless raspberry jam. i don't have a 9" pan, mine is bigger, so i doubled the recipe & ended up with 64 small bars. i baked them longer than i should have, the dough still looked a little wet after 35 min. (maybe because it was doubled). will make again, nice presentation, delicious flavor!