Recipe by Britgal
Incredibly tasty. I love the peppers which gives these wafers a hint of fire. At a recent dinner these were the hit served as an appetizer with wine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a proccesor or electic mixer beat together the butter and cheese. Then add 1 cup of flour and mix. In a seperate bowl combine the, salt and black and cayenne pepper. Add to the cheese mixture and beat until blended. Stir in the pistachios.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide in half. Shape each piece into a log and 1 inch across. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chilled dough into 1/4 slices and place them about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.