Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Incredibly tasty. I love the peppers which gives these wafers a hint of fire. At a recent dinner these were the hit served as an appetizer with wine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nut
- In a proccesor or electic mixer beat together the butter and cheese. Then add 1 cup of flour and mix. In a seperate bowl combine the, salt and black and cayenne pepper. Add to the cheese mixture and beat until blended. Stir in the pistachios.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide in half. Shape each piece into a log and 1 inch across. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chilled dough into 1/4 slices and place them about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Very tasty little morsels! I cut the salt in half because my dry roasted pistachios were salted. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
OMG, this is HEAVEN in every nibble! I have seen this recipe recommended many times by Chef Kerfuffle, and thought, really? I just gotta say, I'm so glad I tried them. I made 1/2 the recipe and am now kicking myself. I will be making more tomorrow. They are incredibly easy to make. I did use and additional 1T butter and that brought the flour, cheese and butter mixture together better, otherwise, it was crumbly. After chilling, they sliced up beautifully with a serrated knife. Just be sure to slice slowly. I baked 2-3 mins. longer (on a silicon mat). Simply delicious! I cannot wait to share these with my family tomorrow! YUM!
Made these for a wedding shower. They not only tasted delicious, but were easy and very pretty on the plate. Thanks. I will be using this recipe again!!