Recipe by Mrs. Piggy
I got this off of Pioneer Woman's website. She only makes wonderful, to die for, food.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsweetend chocolate (1 square)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (additional)
- 4 tablespoons powdered cocoa (Not Drink Mix)
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt square of unsweetened chocolate and butter in the microwave. Add to dry ingredients alternately with the milk and vanilla. Blend. Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Combine brown sugar, the 1/2 cup additional granulated sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the cake batter. Pour the one cup COLD coffee on top. This will look TERRIBLE. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or sweetened whip cream or whipped topping. This will serve 8. In a 9×9 square pan, you can cut 9 pieces. Best served warm.