Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks.
Make and share this Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 3 cups spaghetti, broken into two inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth (reserved from pot)
- 20 ounces cream of mushroom soup (2 cans)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- Cook 1 cut up fryer in water and pick out the meat to make two cups.
- Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar.
- Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil.).
I love most recipes by Pioneer Woman,. but this one needs a bit of work. I cut up my pepper and onion very small and it still tasted raw after baking for 45 minutes, so next time I will saute them first. Also, it seemed like it was lacking something. Maybe garlic? It just seemed a little too bland.
I love this dish. I have made it several times and the it's always a smash hit. I have never used pimento and I use one can of cream of mushroom and one cream of chicken. It makes a ton, I make it into two 8x8s and freeze or give one away. Very good.
I made this the other night and it was delicious. My husband doesn't care usually for casserole type dishes but loved this one. I did make some changes. I used cooked chicken and homemade chicken broth I had in the freezer. Other changes I made were not to add the pimentos but doubled the bell pepper using a red one instead of green. I also added garlic powder. I made the full recipe but since there's only the 2 of us, the rest went in the freezer. Thank you for posting this.