Recipe by Gaelige Coinnaigh
Simply great. I like it with freshly made cornbread with butter...
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Delicious pinto beans and ham! I used rinsed canned beans, cooking on the rangetop instead of Crock Pot---added some chicken broth for the liquid. Very good flavor with the spices. THX for posting!
- 453.59 g dried pinto bean, sorted and washed
- 1182.95 ml water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 113.39-226.79 g cooked ham, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight; drain.
- Place beans in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker/Crock Pot with water and remaining ingredients.
- Cover cooker and cook on low setting for 9-10 hours, or until beans are soft and done. Stir a couple of times during cooking, if possible. Serve with cornbread, rice, a green salad or slaw.