Recipe by WiGal
Elegant comfort food from Handcraft Wines site. Posting for safekeeping. Unsure what granulated sugar is for frosting? Have not included time for it to set which they urge you to do for 12 hours so this would be a great make ahead dessert or for a gift basket with a bottle of Pinot Noir, home made caramels with sea salt, or dulce de leche.
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml pinot noir wine
- 177.44 ml sweet ground cocoa, Ghirardelli
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 28.34 g unsweetened chocolate
- 66.55 ml granulated sugar
- 44.37 ml pinot noir wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs with sugar and vanilla; add butter and wine.
- Stir cocoa with flour, baking powder and salt, combine this with egg mixture, and stir in nuts.
- Spread into greased 8 X 8 inch pan, bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add chocolate, sugar, and wine.
- Continue heating over low heat stirring often, until mixture is smooth---do NOT let it boil.
- Spoon hot icing over fresh brownies and let stand for a minimum of an hour; 12 hours is best.