Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
During summer, with the excess of rhubarb and the sun beating down on your shoulders in the garden...this is a nice refreshing drink. I will be bringing it to the GardenWeb Fall Plant Swap in a month :) This is a combination of multiple recipes and isn't as sweet as other ones on this site.
- In large pot, bring rhubarb and water to boil.
- Reduce and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and reserve liquid.
- Discard pulp (or save for pie, bread, cookies, muffins -- etc.).
- Combine sugar and gelatin in rhubarb reserved liquid until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pineapple and lemon juice, mix well.
- Chill thoroughly. Just before serving, add soda and ice cubes.
- * For stronger rhubarb taste, add additional rhubarb and simmer for 40 minute.
- For individual servings, combine 1 cup of rhubarb 'juice' with 1 cup of soda.
- Can add vodka to taste make it an adult beverage spritzer.