Recipe by Pali's Favorites
I learned to make this dish after I got married once I realized my husbands family is addicted to it! It is served over rice, and I normally make fried chicken or baked chicken to go along with it, but it goes great with bbq as well! --When I was on vacation this summer, I couldn't find pink beans where I was, but red beans or kidney beans can easily be substituted as well as canilini beans. Pink beans its just a personal preference and what my husband likes!
Top Review by UmmBinat
4 1/4 stars. This is quite good. I also used a homemade version of goya sazon without MSG but had to guess the amount to put in since it wasn't specified. It definitely gave this more flavour. This dish is very Spanish tasting. I suggest people cut the potato in very small cubes as the potato was not done in the time written. Served with your suggestion of baked chicken and rice. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pink beans
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- olive oil
- 1 -2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a little olive oil in the bottom of a pot, enough to cover the bottom.
- Add the diced carrots, potatoes, garlic, and green peppers to the olive oil. Add the oregano and sazon (optional) and stir until its barely lightly browned.
- Add the pink beans and tomato sauce while stirring. Let simmer for a minute, then add the chicken stock. You want the chicken stock to cover everything in the pot and be about an inch or so above the ingredients in the pot.
- Let simmer for about 6-7 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Serve over rice!