Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Always get requests for this one.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 20 ounces pineapple slices, well drained
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 18 1⁄4 ounces supreme pineapple cake mix
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare TOPPING:.
- Melt butter on low eat in 12-inch cast iron skillet with oven-proof handle.
- Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar.
- Spread to cover bottom of skillet.
- Arrange well drained pineapple slices, maraschino cherries in skillet; set aside.
- To prepare CAKE:.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large mixing bowl. Drain pineapple juice in 1 cup mixing cup and fill with enough water to equal one cup of liquid.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges.