Make those leftover sweet potatoes taste superb!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
- 2 cups mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sliced pineapple, , in its own juice,undrained
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced candied ginger
- 1Prepare pastry shell, set aside.
- 2Combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar, half and half, egg, butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, mix well.
- 3Pour into pastry shell.
- 4Bake at 425 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes, or until set in centre, cool.
- 5Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- 6Pour reserved juice into small saucepan.
- 7Add cornstarch, stir until dissolved.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent.
- 9Stir in ginger and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10Cut pineapple slices in half, arrange pineapple over pie in a pinwheel pattern, spoon topping over pineapple.
- 11Garnish with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 232.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: