So simple and easy I hesitate to submit this recipe, but everyone loved it! Using pineapple in place of the usual oil and water called for on the package mix makes this cake much lower in fat and very moist! Substitute another flavoring, such as rum extract, for the orange extract if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 1Note:*** Do NOT add the water and oil stated on the box of cake mix.
- 2The Pineapple and juice replace these two ingredients and make it lower in fat and more moist.
- 3In bowl, add dry cake mix, pineapple with juice, eggs and orange extract.
- 4Beat just until mixed.
- 5Pour into a 9x13-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Note: I wrapped outer edge of cake with Magi-cake strips which prevents the outside edges from becoming browned before the cake is done; however, this is optional.
- 8Mix orange extract and powdered sugar to make a glaze.
- 9Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- 10Note:*** I have made this in 6 mini-angelfood cake pans and baked for 23 minutes.
- 11They were the first cakes sold at the bake sale.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Spice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 150.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: