Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a delicious cool treat on those scorching hot days. Found this one in Sunset magazine. It tastes delicious. Note: A 3 3/4-pound pineapple yields about 3 cups of fruit. When you core and cut it, save the juice.
- 3 cups pineapple chunks in juice (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup rum (optional)
- Put pineapple, any juice, and ginger in a blender or food processor. Whirl until fruit is coarsely puréed.
- Add scoops of ice cream and whirl until smooth.
- Add rum and whirl to blend.
- Fill a fresh pineapple shell or tall glasses with milkshake; add straws for sipping.
- Refill pineapple shell as needed with remaining shake.
I have tried it with AND without the rum .... and my word its the best shake ive had in ages!!