Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
So yummy. Cooking and prep time is apprx.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 16 sheets commercial frozen phylli pastry dough, thawed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tbls. juice.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir well.
- Add reserved pineapple juice; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- Add crushed pineapple, butter, lemon rind and lemon juice; stir until butter melts. Set aside.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a damp towel (keep remaining phyllo covered).
- Lightly brush phyllo with melted butter.
- Top with another sheet of phyllo, and brush with butter.
- Spoon about one fourth of pineapple mixture in center of phyllo.
- Fold sides of phyllo over pineapple mixture, wrapping filling like a package.
- Wrap phyllo package in another sheet of buttered phyllo.
- Draw edges of phyllo up and over package, twisting and squeezing together in center.
- Pull ends up and out to resemble a flower.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet; repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Brush all bundles with melted butter.
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.