Recipe by Tami.Ticker
this is a sweet tasting coleslaw, nice change for a hot summer day. Got the recipe from publix grocery store and just had to share
Top Review by Snowpeas
This coleslaw is easy to make and it is quite good. It is definitely a sweet coleslaw, so if you aren't into the extra sweetness, you might skip this one. I thought the pineapple was a quite good addition.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (in juice undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup coleslaw dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- place pecans in a small saute pan on medium high, cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes OR until fragrant.
- Drain the pineable reserving 1/4 cup juice (or more if you want the slaw sweeter) Place the juice and the slaw dressing in a large bowl and whisk until blended.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Chill for 2hours, stirring often. IF it seems dry add a bit more slaw dressing. It will create more juice the longer it chills.