Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This oatmeal is a great change from the norm! I got the recipe from VegWeb.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- extra brown sugar (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine water and crushed pineapple.
- Microwave on high until boiling (about 5-6 minutes).
- Stir in everything else.
- Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture begins to thicken (2 minutes if using regular oats).
- Cover and let stand a few minutes.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Stir in additional brown sugar if you like it a little sweeter (I prefer it as is).
This was my breakfast this morning -- delicious! I only made one serving, but did not keep exact proportions (I reduced sugar and raisins etc.). I enjoyed it very much, and I'm not a pineapple lover. Thanks!
I made this for a mid-afternoon snack today. The only thing I added to this when serving it was a slice of a fresh juicy orange! The flavour burst was exceptionally good! I love raisins and really enjoyed them in this. I reduced the brown sugar by 1/2 a tbsp. as well. I'm not very fond of pineapple, but still quite liked this one. Thanks for posting!
Very good and easy. This was a nice change from plain oatmeal.