Recipe by Kree
This oatmeal is a great change from the norm! I got the recipe from VegWeb.
Top Review by cpenner
This was my breakfast this morning -- delicious! I only made one serving, but did not keep exact proportions (I reduced sugar and raisins etc.). I enjoyed it very much, and I'm not a pineapple lover. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- extra brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine water and crushed pineapple.
- Microwave on high until boiling (about 5-6 minutes).
- Stir in everything else.
- Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture begins to thicken (2 minutes if using regular oats).
- Cover and let stand a few minutes.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Stir in additional brown sugar if you like it a little sweeter (I prefer it as is).