Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together four, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt chocolate and margarine together; blend in the sugar.
- Remove from heat; add eggs, pineapple and vanilla, beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture and add nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square cake pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still slightly warm.