1 hr 5 mins
My friend gave this recipe to me a long time ago and my family loves it! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups French bread, cubed into 1/2 inch sections
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple (Drain the syrup and save)
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease either a a square baking dish (8x8x2) or an oblong dish (10x6x1 1/2) Place bread cubes in greased dish, spread the pineapple on top.
- 3Lightly beat egg yolks in a small bowl, stir in brown sugar,lemon peel,cinnamon,salt and the reserved syrup.
- 4Slowly stir in the coconut milk.
- 5Pour the mixture over the bread cubes and pineapples.
- 6Bake uncovered about 30-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven.
- 8In a medium sized bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on med.speed until foamy.
- 9Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 TBS at a time, and beat until stiff and glossy.Spread over pudding.
- 10Bake until golden brown, approx 8-10 minutes.Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Meringue Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 615.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g