Recipe by Oolala
From Michael Antonasio, the manager of Food & Nutrition for Overlook Hospital, Summit, NJ.
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon corn oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper oil (optional)
- 6 salmon fillets
- vegetable cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour all the ingredients except the salmon and the cooking oil spray into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Rinse the fish and dry with paper towels.
- Add the fish to the marinade and seal the bag; turn the bag several times to coat completely.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes up to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Lightly coat the grill or broiler pan and rack with vegetable cooking spray.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat or preheat boiler.
- Remove fish from the marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill or broil the fish 5 inches from the heat for 5 - 7 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.