Recipe by *Alia*
This is a delicious and elegant end to any meal! In a pinch, I've managed to substitute the cognac with rum with a great deal of success. If the pinapple sits witht he strawberries for too long, it will take on a red tone, the flavor is still delicious though.
- 1 pineapple
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 liter vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup cognac
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice pineapple in half, lengthwise.
- Remove fruit leaving 1 inch thick shell.
- Cut fruit into cubes and measure 1 ½ cups.
- Refrigerate shells.
- In a medium saucepan combine pineapple, strawberries, sugar and sherry; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with 1 tsp water and stir into sauce until slightly thickened.
- Scoop ice cream into shells and keep chilled.
- Just before serving warm cognac, ignite and pour over pineapple mixture.
- Serve ice cream from shells and spoon sauce over.