Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have used this many times to fill my cakes, it's a very simple recipe, and makes enough to fill two layers, if you want to fill three layers, I suggest to double the recipe or use a smaller amount in between the layers. It's really a nice change from your regular frosting and gives the cake so much more flavor. If you prefer a sweeter filling, just add in more sugar. You will love this filling!
Top Review by Potluck Genie...
I made a pineapple cheesecake tonight and had been searching for a pineapple filling to add as another layer. I discovered this recipe, made it exactly as suggested and it turned out just as I had hoped. It was the right sweetness, thickened easily, and took no time at all to put together. I'll definitely use this recipe again. Thanks for posting....
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice (use the juice from the canned pineapple)
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, pineapple juice and egg yolk; cook over low heat until thickened (stirring frequently).
- Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and crushed pineapple; mix to combine.
- Allow to cool before filling cake.