1/1 Photo of Pineapple Bars
Received this recipe in an email; the picture sold me. Could also add a little coconut to give it that "tropical" flavor. Posting for future use... *cooling time not included in prep/cooking times*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pineapple Filling:
- 2Mix 1 cup crushed pineapple and juice (8 1/4-ounce can), 1 cup sugar, 2 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch, 1 Tablespoon butter, and 1 cup water in saucepan.
- 3Cook until thickened, cool.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 5Cream together shortening and sugar thoroughly.
- 6Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- 7Mix in rolled oats.
- 8Press and flatten half of the mixture over bottom of a 13 x 9 1/2 x 2 inch greased pan.
- 9Spread with cooled filling.
- 10Top with remaining crumb mixture, patting lightly.
- 11Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 12While warm cut into bars and remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 130.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g