Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had all these apricots and cans of pineapple and since I was in the mood for making jelly and jam, I looked around the net and found this recipe. It is amazingly wonderful. My son-in-law fell in love with it.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 8 ounces dried apricots (slice very thin)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange gelatin
- Wash four 1/2 pint jars, lids and bands in hot soapy water, rinse well with warm water.
- Submerge in boiled water, off heat, until ready to use.
- Mix pineapple with syrup, apricots, and sugar in large pan.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in gelatin and simmer 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Skim off an foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of top.
- Wipe jar rims and threads with wet cloth.
- Cover jars with lids and screw bands on tightly.
- For water bath, place jars in boiling water for 10 minutes. Water should be 1-2 inches above jars.
- Allow to cool and check lids. They should be concave and not pop up when pressed in the center.
- Refrigerate after cooling if not using the water bath.