1/1 Photo of Pineapple and Pinot Grigio Wine Jam
1 hr 15 mins
This is very tasty. Good on anything you'd put jam on. Great as a filling for a pineapple layer cake. Cooking time does NOT include the overnight setting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy pot, mix together the chopped pineapple, the grated lemon peel, the lemon juice (2 tbsp), and the wine.
- 2Let set overnight.
- 3The next day put pot on a medium flame and bring to a mild boil.
- 4Add the sugar and bring back to a boil.
- 5Continue to boil for about an hour or until the jelly-stage is reached.
- 6If desired, use a potato masher to break-up the larger pineapple pieces.
- 7Ladle into jars, seal and water bath process for 10-mins.
- 8When processed, invert the jars to cool for an hour, then upright them. This prevents all pineapple chunks from floating to the top of the jar.
- 9This yields 3 half-pints with a little left over for the fridge.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple and Pinot Grigio Wine Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1146.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 258.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 248.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g