Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The Food and Cooking of Spain, Africa and the Middle East, posted for Zaar World Tour III. When I made this, I made a half batch, but my limes were small and I used 1/2 lb of pineapple and 2 limes - and probably could have used 3. I also used sparkling mineral water, and it was fine. Sugar will be to taste, depending on how tart your fruit is.
- Peel the pineapple and chop the flesh, removing core and "eyes.".
- You should have about 1 lb of fruit.
- Put pineapple in food processor or blender and add the lime juice and half the mineral water.
- Puree to a smooth pulp.
- Stop processor and scrape the mixture from the side once or twice during processing.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl.
- Tip the pineapple pulp into the strainer and press it through with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the strained mixture into a large jug, cover and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Stir in the remaining mineral water and sugar to taste.
- Serve with ice.
- (I'm thinking the grown-ups may want to add something else as well - rum or vodka or tequila all come to mind).