1 hr 15 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From The Food and Cooking of Spain, Africa and the Middle East, posted for Zaar World Tour III. When I made this, I made a half batch, but my limes were small and I used 1/2 lb of pineapple and 2 limes - and probably could have used 3. I also used sparkling mineral water, and it was fine. Sugar will be to taste, depending on how tart your fruit is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the pineapple and chop the flesh, removing core and "eyes.".
- 2You should have about 1 lb of fruit.
- 3Put pineapple in food processor or blender and add the lime juice and half the mineral water.
- 4Puree to a smooth pulp.
- 5Stop processor and scrape the mixture from the side once or twice during processing.
- 6Place a strainer over a large bowl.
- 7Tip the pineapple pulp into the strainer and press it through with a wooden spoon.
- 8Pour the strained mixture into a large jug, cover and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- 9Stir in the remaining mineral water and sugar to taste.
- 10Serve with ice.
- 11(I'm thinking the grown-ups may want to add something else as well - rum or vodka or tequila all come to mind).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple and Lime Agua Fresca
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g