Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Plan ahead as the dough for these needs at least 1 hour to chill.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pine nuts, chopped
- powdered sugar, to taste
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Sift together salt and flour.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix well.
- Add vanila& nuts and stir until combined well.
- Chill until easy to handle (1 hour or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form into small balls (approximately 3 dozen) and roll in some powdered sugar to coat.
- Set on greased baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
A lovely, rich cookie. Lightly-roasting the nuts will give a little boost in the flavour.