Recipe by KissKiss
I'm sure there are many versions of this recipe already posted to Zaar, but I wanted to keep mine safe here. A coworker brought this into work one day, and it disappeared FAST.
- 35 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan with tin foil. Lightly spray the foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the crackers salty side up in the prepared pan.
- In a saucepan, boil the butter and sugar 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the crackers so that all pieces are covered, and bake for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with the candy bar pieces, and spread them evenly as they begin to melt.
- Cool slightly and transfer to wax paper. Allow to cool completely.