Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This contains no alcohol, just the combined flavors or pineapple and coconut. 6 hour (at least) chill time.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the cold water to a small stainless steel bowl; sprinkle the gelatin over the water; let stand so gelatin can dissolve.
- Add two inches of water to a med-size saucepan; bring to a bare simmer.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, pineapple juice, and coconut milk in a medium stainless steel bowl; place bowl on top of the simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture registers 160 on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove bowl from the pan; whisk in the gelatin mixture.
- Set the bowl over a larger bowl of ice cubes and let the pineapple mixture stand, about 10 minutes, or until it has begun to thicken, whisking occasionally.
- Whip the heavy cream in a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture.
- Transfer filling to the prepared pie shell.
- Cover the pie with plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours or until the filling is completely set (may be up to 1 day).