Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pretty on a holiday tray!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup candied pineapple or 1⁄4 cup glace pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 dozen maraschino cherries, halves
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together the butter, margarine and sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in candied pineapple and shredded coconut.
- Shape dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap; chill several hours.
- For each cookie, drop rounded teaspoon of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Top each cookie with a maraschino cherry half.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.