Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In response to a request. From "Potluck for 33,000" cookbook, Dayton Hudson Corporation,1993.
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons plain yogurt
- 1 (4 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- fresh fruit, cut into bite-size pieces (such as pineapple, apple, mandarin orange, strawberries, grapes, etc.)
- In medium bowl, blend yogurt and pudding mix; stir in pineapple and extracts.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
I made this and took it to work with a fruit tray. Oh my goodness, I have never heard such squealing. This is "to die for" scrumptious. Thanks for posting this. I will definitely make it again.
I agree with NurseDi. This is an absolutely fabulous dip. The combination of the coconut and rum extracts is what takes this dip over the top!! Thanks Stewie, for sharing this dip. :-)
Dear Finicky, It is a good recipe. Don't feel bad about the recipe. If I make this in the summer at a swimming party or summer birthday party it is gone in nothing flat. Men , women and kids are gobbling it up. Come winter it just sits there. It took me a while to realize the season was a factor in whether or not it was eaten. My recipe calls for one yogurt, and a small cool whip. I use Vanilla, coconut or rum or almond extract and only 1/2 t of flavorings and taste. I don't always use more, sometimes I do. But I always use 3 flavorings. I make this 2 ways: 1 as sugar free as possible, the other full sugar....a diabetic in the group and WW girls. Good luck.