Recipe by Bubblehead17
A refreshing new twist on an old favorite. This is for the Asian tapioca pearl drink that is very popular in Taiwan now. Bubble Tea isn't hard to make at home and it is a lot more healthy and fresher tasting to make at home. If you don't have a cocktail shaker just use a 16 oz tightly sealed thermos or jar. I used a thermos and it works great! I will include recipes for the tea base. Note: You have to purchase the Bubble tea straws to drink up the large tapioca pearl. Otherwise you can use regular pearls, but that's not as much fun!
Top Review by threeovens
This is a fun and refreshing drink. It is especially good for someone like me who won't drink their milk! One note, I made this with the coconut milk found in the dairy case. It only has 40 calories for 1/2 cup. The canned coconut milk has far more. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup tea, base
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup
- 2 -4 tablespoons cooked tapioca
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients, except Tapioca pearls and Ice, into cocktail shaker or other tightly sealed container.
- Shake for about 10 seconds or until nice froth or bubbles appear at surface.
- Place Tapioca pearls at bottom of tall glass, then pour shaken liquid into the glass on top of them.
- Put as much ice as you want and stick a Bubble tea straw in your glass and enjoy.