Recipe by twissis
Unless I somehow find a way to get my hands on more of the outstanding Australian Womens Weekly cookbook series, this will be my final recipe & it's a spec way to end my journey thru the series. I have not made this one, but it's from the *Finger Food* cookbook & is yet another easy-fix + pretty to serve. I wish you could see the pic! Your best option is to make them & see for yourself. *Enjoy* ! (The recipe starts w/eggs already hard-boiled, so that cook time is not included).
- 6 eggs (hard-boiled & halved)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pimentos (canned, well-drained & finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 ounce prosciutto (very finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon pimentos (canned, well-drained & finely chopped for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove yolks from egg halves & mash in a bowl w/the mayo & cream.
- Stir in 1st measures of pimento & basil + the prosciutto.
- Spoon mixture into egg halves & top w/2nd measures of chopped pimento & basil.
- NOTE: Can be made up to 3 hrs ahead of need & stored in refrigerator (covered).