Pimento Cheese Stuffed Deviled Eggs
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons pimento cheese spread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste )
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise, if needed
- sweet paprika (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Cut eggs lengthwise,remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Combine pimento cheese,sugar,salt, and pepper with the yolks and mix well.
- If extra moisture is needed, add mayonnaise a little at a time until desired texture is reached.
- If desired top with paprika and chopped green onions.
- Chill for at least two hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made these pimento cheese stuffed eggs for an appetizer on New Year's Eve. I increased the number of eggs, but didn't exactly double the ingredients as it would be too much pimento cheese as the other reviewer mentioned. Down here in the South, pimento cheese is a staple and we loved it in these eggs.
Yummy & easy! I made even easier (& healthier) by removing the yolks all together and just stuffing the eggs with light pimento cheese. They didn't need sugar or anything -- just a little salt & pepper and this was the perfect low-cal easy snack! Thanks so much for sharing -- I will be doing this a lot!
This was a home run with everyone who tried them! The eggs combine two favorite flavors into a tasty and different stuffing. I had problems with the amounts. I scaled the recipe up to use 6 large eggs. Twelve tablespoons of pimento cheese was excessive. By the time the yolks and mayo are added there's over 2T of filling per egg. The large eggs couldn't hold that much. I ended up with a small bowl of egg/pimento cheese salad which was fine. It was terrific on crackers and enjoyed. That said, I did make the pimento cheese. Maybe that had something to do with the volume???? These will be a BIG hit at potlucks and backyard BBQs. With the paprika & green onions they are nicely garnished too. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)