Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Seasons for Sharing.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat; boil over medium heat until mixture reaches the soft-boil stage (234°-243°) on a candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla.
- Fold in chips; blend well.
- Spread mixture out in a buttered 13x9 inch pan; cool.
- Cut into squares; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Ok so I was extremely intrigued by the idea of a pumpkin flavored fudge. I had to try it since I happened to have just about 1/2 cup pumpkin left after making pumpkin bread. In the end, it took longer than normal to get this up to soft ball stage but, once it got there, everything went smoothly. My only suggestion would be to use mini M&M candies instead of the chocolate chips and in a smaller amount ( 1 1/2 cups perhaps) because my batch felt a little too chocolatey. The spices stand out more in the parts that have less chocolate. Thanks for posting!