Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 pounded skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 slices pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- In a small sauce pan heat ingredients of fruit cocktail with sugar, clove and cinnamon. When comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for several more minutes, then remove cinnamon and clove set aside.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour, then eggs. Sauté in medium-large saucepan in hot oil, several minutes per side, then drain oil. In the same pan, add chicken stock to chicken and the fruit sauce. Simmer for several minutes.
- Plate with sliced bananas, pineapples, peaches and coconut. Serves one.
very little tweaking will make this a permanent in our home! I may try thickening the sauce and toasting the coconut. When dh finished his meal his comments were "Very Good!". Thank you for posting Mimi!!!