Recipe by Annie~C~
Like "Pigs in a Blanket", this has an Asian twist. Serve with potatoe salad or coleslaw or just chips. You can make this vegetarian by using soy hot dogs.
- 4 hot dogs or 4 frankfurters
- 8 egg roll wraps (6 inch square)
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut
- 4 tablespoons relish
- american prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Frankfurters according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, separate 2 egg roll wrappers from package and place flat on work surface.
- Arrange 1/8 cup sauerkraut and 1 tablespoon relish on upper one-third of wrapper.
- Using tongs, remove frank from saucepan and place on wrapper below sauerkraut.
- Place mustard on frank.
- Spread 1 tablespoon relish on other side, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on frank and wrap, rolling toward you until filling is covered.
- Moisten long edge with water to seal.
- Repeat until used up.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet, over medium heat. Pan-fry frank packets until puffy and golden on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using tongs, remove from heat, and place on several layers of paper towels to blot excess oil.
- Serve with mustard in zig-zag line down center of egg roll wrapper.