Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a variation of pigs in a blanket with a very obvious japanese twist. If you don't like Chinese hot mustard you can use either Hoisin Sauce or more teriyaki sauce. you can find wonton wrappers at a specialty store, or if your supermarket has a large selectionof asian products you can try there also.
- 8 hot dogs (use either beef, chicken, turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 16 wonton wrappers (2-3/4 x 3-1/2-inch)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese hot mustard (for dipping)
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (for dipping)
- Cut each hot dog in half (measuring about 2-1/2 inches).
- In a shallow dish, marinate hot dogs in teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes. Reserve teriyaki sauce for step 4.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fold each wonton wrap in half, lengthwise, measuring 1-5/8 x 3-1/2-inches. Wrap one folded wonton wrap around each hot dog half.
- Gently press the edges to seal.
- Lightly brush teriyaki sauce over the wonton wraps.
- Combine sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
- Lightly dip each wrapped hot dog into sesame seeds.
- Place wrapped hot dogs, 1-inch apart, seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until wonton wraps are golden brown.
- Immediately transfer to cooling rack.
- Make sure to have plenty of that wonderful chinese hot mustard to dip these with.