Recipe by Hippie2MARS
My boyfriend LOVES pigs-in-a-blanket, but our favorite brand, Schwann's, is no longer delivered in our area. So I set out to come up with a casserole that would fit the same flavor profile. I added a few things I love in pancakes and the result exceeded my expectations!
- 1 3⁄4 cups pancake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 precooked sausage links, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons blueberry flavoring syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the blueberry syrup in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into greased baking dish (8x8 square pan or a deep dish pie plate work best), then drizzle with blueberry syrup, swirling it through with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares or wedges, and drizzle with additional maple syrup, if desired.