- 6 cups water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil in a heavy sauce pan and add salt and rice.
- When the water returns to a boil, allow it to boil vigorously for exactly 17 minutes (these French chefs!).
- Drain in a colander; run under very hot water and drain again.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with the lemon juice and toss until the grains are coated.