Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
A different twist to jambalaya.
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon original Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces okra, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) boxmrs. t's potato and cheddar mini pierogies or 1 (17 ounce) boxmrs. t's potato and cheddar pierogies
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove to bowl.
- Add oil to drippings remaining in skillet; cover over medium heat. Add celery, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic; cook until just tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, salt, and Tabasco sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in okra; simmer 5 minutes longer or until okra is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake pierogies as box directed, 16 to 18 minutes. Stir in pierogies into sausage mixture. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Makes 4 servings.