Dave Oh's Note:
I'm always trying something new when it comes to quesadillas and I decided to experiment with this after having some Pierogi Pizza from the Boston Pizzaria in Niagra Falls, CA. It came out much better than I thought it would and was a quick and easy lunch to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small potato
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (from a jar, not dry)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (chedder jack)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (monterey jack)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- 1Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat.
- 2Peel and slice potato into 1/8 inch slices.
- 3Mix basil, salt and pepper with pototo slices.
- 4Cook potatoes in skillet until they start to soften (do not burn or fry them).
- 5Remove pototoes from the skillet and place the tortilla in the hot oil.
- 6Mix cheeses together and evenly distribute over the entire tortilla.
- 7Place potatoes, crushed red peppers and italian dressing on one half of the tortilla.
- 8When the cheese has started to melt, fold the cheese only half on top of the half with the toppings.
- 9Cook until both sides are a light golden brown (flip as needed).
- 10Place on a plate, cut into quarters and garnish with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierogi Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.8
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 931.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 17.3 g